Think 2021 Spotlights Hybrid Cloud and AI
IBM Z and LinuxONE Product Marketing VP Priya Doty on highlights you should look for during the Think 2021 conference
By Priya Doty04/29/2021
The IBM flagship digital event, Think 2021 (follow the hashtag: #think2021) is back in May! Hybrid cloud and AI is a foundational theme with this year’s reimagined conference. Think 2021 will deliver curated content and enable engagement with others who are using technology to make a difference.
Your time is valuable! Now more so than ever during the pandemic—juggling your health, your family and friends and Zoom. And that’s why I invite you to take a quick tour with me of what’s in store for the IBM Z community at Think, so you can make the most of the time you choose to spend with us.
Insight From IBM LeadersJoin IBM Chairman and CEO Arvind Krishna as he shares his vision of the future of technology. Krishna will discuss how the agility of hybrid cloud and the intelligence of AI are accelerating digital transformation. Be sure to also watch SVP and Director of IBM Research Dario Gil’s keynote on innovation across IT infrastructure, including IBM Z, and how it’s helping businesses accelerate digital transformations and modernize workloads.
IBM Z and the Hybrid CloudCheck out the Tom Rosamilia’s keynote, “Put security everywhere, so you can put trust everywhere,” where he’ll dive in with Lauren Nelson from Forrester on what is top of mind. “The IBM Z roadmap for hybrid cloud and AI” with Ross Mauri and M&T Bank will cover topics of IBM Z and its role in the hybrid cloud, modernization, and speed to market.
z/OS based and Linux on Z applications and data integrate into a cloud environment, and this year, there are several sessions that talk to the practical ways customers are doing this:
- Accelerating your application modernization plans with IBM Z: Real world experiences with Fiducia GAD
- Lightning-fast innovation in the hybrid cloud with IBM Z and Red Hat with Red Hat and Blue Barricade
- The mainframe mandate: How to go hybrid in the era of cloud led by Accenture
- Unleashing the power of Hybrid Cloud with Z Application Modernization with BNP Paribas
- Gain insight from your enterprise data and realize new business value using AI on IBM Z with FatBrain AI
- Creating a resilient business during unpredictable times with State Farm
- Understanding flexible consumption: the new way to pay for IT infrastructure with Rabobank and Evolution Systems
Calling All Developers15+ Think Academy labs are available on IBM Z and z/OS. Because pre-registration is required, please contact your IBM rep to get signed up ASAP.
Security and Confidential ComputingAnd last, IBM Z is more than a platform—it’s also a destination, especially when new workloads are coming to life. Look for these sessions:
- IBM Cloud CTO Hillery Hunter will kick things off with a 15-minute trends and directions session on confidential computing
- Reimagining Data Protection and Privacy for your Hybrid Cloud with Fiducia GAD
- Is Your CFO Afraid of Bitcoin? Crypto and Corporate Treasury Management with R3, and Hex Trust
- Going Beyond Confidential Computing—Protect Your Sensitive Data in the Cloud and Cloud Security for Digital Enterprise—IBM Cloud Hyper Protect Services featuring Metaco and Ledgermatic
We hope to see you there!
Priya Doty is the vice president of Product Marketing for IBM Z and LinuxONE.
See more by Priya Doty